Saturday, August 23, 2008

Here We Go...

I finally gave in. After reading many blogs this summer (and wasting lots of time), I decided its time to get blogging....So here we go. The main reason for this blog is so that my family up in OHIO can be connected to our crazy life at anytime of the day.

We are currently doing a lot of "remodeling" at the D'Port House, here is a list:
This was Braden and Delani's first week of school (daycare if you prefer). On Monday they went to school with Daddy kickin and screamin and hyper ventilating. By Friday the tears had subsided and only Delani cried a little bit. Here's to next week....

This was my first week of working full time in over two and a half years. I am going back to teaching at the high school I taught at before going into "semi-retirement". It was a great week of in-service and I am ready to teach some Geometry and Algebra II on Monday!

The other big change has been the shift in caring for our twins. The last two years I was with the kids during the day and Adam was with the kids at night. Now Adam is getting B and D up for school and I am going to pick them up. So much change in such a short time has made us all exhausted as we spent today napping and hanging around the house.

1 comment:

The Estes Family said...

So good to see a photo of you and your adorable family!!! Are you going back to HP??? Awesome! I'm actually headed back to teaching this fall too...a little change in age groups, though...going to teach pre-school! I'm very excited, nervous, ready...Anyway, great to see you and get an update! Good luck teaching -- your kids are precious! KK