Monday, January 19, 2009

Markers and Dress Up







Just thought I 'd put some fun photos up. Braden was very into "dressing up " this weekend. Jammies photo includes my socks- he put them on himself- gardening gloves and Cinderella's shoes. The other photo is of Braden wearing Delani's Tinkerbell sunglasses and his "grill" teeth. Funny funny boy:)

Now the story behind Delani. Tonight we thought she needed a haircut, and being the clever (ha!) Mom that I am, I thought she would sit still if she had a marker. A dry erase marker to be exact. With this marker Delani could write on the mirror and not squirm when Daddy trimmed her hair. Obviously there was not enough mirror, so why not color her legs and arms.?? Hey its dry erase marker- it comes right off the dry erase board, why not a child's legs/arms...Lesson learned no marker period on any part of a child's body!

As I sat at school today in a training session while the rest of the country enjoyed MLK Day I wanted to jot down some words about the kids before I forgot. I need to discuss how sweet Braden has been to Delani lately. He hugs her a lot, and her response is well, not so nice. Lately she has wanted to be the only child, and yesterday when she and I went to Wal-Mart (she wanted new tights) and Starbucks, Delani was soo happy to not be with Bubba:( Makes me sad, but I know she will grow out of this stage. Now back to Braden, he hugs her and takes care of Delani's dolls too:) Braden always has kisses for Daddy and Mommy and worries when anyone is upset. He is such a super sweet boy, I hope that Braden stays that way:)

No comments: